Following on from – How does balance show up for you? Liz Gow’s Coaching Bulletin July 2015 and last weeks Coaching Corner Blog Living with Balance?
I love Dr Seuss and this is one of my favourite stories, which is read out loud on You Tube. It is a delightful metaphor for balance and living with values. Sit back and enjoy.
Now your turn. How about you write a story about something that really matters to you. It could be about having fun, travelling, relationships, flying, anything.
Use fun as a guide, trusting your inner energy. Below are some prompts for starters, ideas that may inspire you or you may already have something in mind. Notice what you notice and just play.
- Write about a fun time you had playing as a child. What games, adventures did you experience.
- Write about a time when you wore an item of clothing or shoes that you just loved and then later thought, what was I thinking? Have a giggle and recall how cool you felt. What did you and your ‘cool’ stuff get up to?
- Imagine meeting an alien from another planet that you have not heard of. What would they look like? How could you volunteer your services to be taken back to their planet to help them with research (of course this would be painless). What would you have to offer and why you?
- If you could be a character in any book, TV show, or movie, who would you be and why?
- What if you woke up with a special power. What would it be and how would you use it?