Through my life’s journey, the training and experience in counselling, coaching, creative therapies, occupational therapy modalities for nearly 30 years, and meeting the numerous people I have had the pleasure to work with, I know that it IS possible to feel fulfilled, worthy of experiencing a rich and meaningful life by connecting to inner wisdom and moving beyond the stories of how life ‘should’ be.
Living life from the inside out is embodiment; experiencing all emotion, comfort and discomfort. I now have a loving, respectful relationship with myself and have had priviliege to witness others as they discover, empower and emerge as themselves.
In May 2017, I began training to become a certified Body Trust® Provider. This has continued to develop my understanding of embodiment and living joyfully in a world where it can be hard to do. I am even more passionate about working with people who are ready to leave the diet culture behind, people who want to heal their relationship with their body, food and want to reclaim the world of ‘normal’ eating. Healing is possible for everyone and is a birth right, no matter what shape, size the body is!
I have experienced everything I share. There are no quick fixes; it is a journey. I offer you passion that will support you to connect to who you are. I will be honest, authentic and treat you with the respect you deserve at all times. I will walk alongside you on this journey and at times hold your vision when it is hard for you to do so. You will find counselling, coaching challenging, interesting, fun and worthwhile.
A frequently asked a question – What is the difference between Counselling and Coaching?
Counselling deals with healing emotional pain and/or conflict within or in relationships. Making sense of, understanding the past, how you got to where you are now and using that knowledge to strengthen you, whilst healing continues.
The growth is often introspective and subtle. The Approachs we use allows us to respectfully explore what may be possible and how you can move towards a more inspiring future.
Coaching works with people who are ready, striving to improve their circumstances in order to enrich their future. New skills and tools are used to build a more satisfying successful future. The focus is on maximizing strengths that will lead to a healthier, happier and more fulfilled life. Coaching is future led with specific strategies, plans, actions and accountability for achieving a specified goal, intention.
These approaches are often weaved together depending where we are in the journey. There is always a sense of moving forwards.
- My parents were from Hungary. I was born in Nottingham, England and have a younger brother and sister, whose families have expanded, gifting me with nieces, nephews and now great ones too.
- I am married to John from Airdrie, Scotland who has 3 adult children and am gifted with 3 beautiful grand children.
- Initially worked in private business/administration.
- Attended Glasgow Caledonian University to study Occupational Therapy as a ‘mature’ student aged 28.
- I have worked in various locations in the UK, New Zealand. Remotely/on line in the USA, Canada, Australia, Singapore and Europe.
- I have attended/participated In various workshops in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and USA.
- I moved to New Zealand from the UK in 2003, which is now home.
- I am passionate about people being who they really are, valuing themselves no matter what. Living life from the inside out.
- I personally experienced counselling, coaching and creative therapies on a number of occasions and know how it can impact on your life.
- Healing the relationship between food and body for people who have struggled what ever size body is a great passion of mine.
- I have been interested in wellbeing, including the emotional, psychological, spiritual and physical aspects for many years.
- I love anything to do with water. Enjoy rock’n’roll. Love walking, African drumming and am a life long learner. I enjoy socialising in more peaceful ways these days and have a strong practice of wellbeing.
- I love having fun, being creative and reminding myself how grateful I am for all I have.
- I am a curious person and will pretty much try most things.
- I hold gratitude for the privilieges that enable me to have the life I have.
From 1995-2013, as an Occupational Therapist, working in mental health, an eating disorder service, hospice and neuro rehabilitation. I have always believed in people’s ability to achieve for themselves.
I continue to supervise Allied Health Professionals.
I know we all have what it takes to live fulfilling lives.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!
Counselling – Narrative Therapy since 2012
- private practice – adults and youth
- Body Trust® Coaching/counselling – currently completing certified provider training with Be Nourished.org
- training facilitators to facilitate 4 moduals on Body Image/Body Acceptance for 13-18 year old girls
- group work for those who experience diabetes negotiating how to have a caring relationship with their body and food
- group work and one to one; Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Coaching one to one and groups since 2005.
- Workshops – Why Make Life Weight.
- Coaching program DEEP Body Love – international teleclasses.
- Nourish a program to promote body confidence, self-esteem and critical thinking for young people.
- Interactive Drawing Therapy.
- Creative Therapies.
- Facilitation of Community Education Classes for Adults:-
- Assertiveness Skills
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Who Cares for the Carer
- Wellbeing & Mindfulness
- Wellbeing in the Workplace
- Be Your Own Life Coach
- Previously facilitated a Y’s Girls Programme (11-13 year olds) through the YWCA – to build a community of wise girls who value themselves and have positive body image, now and in the future.
- Previously facilitated a Y’s Bods Programme (girls 13–18 year olds) through the YWCA – to support development of a positive body image and body satisfaction.
- Implementation of life balance, wellbeing strategies both as an Occupational Therapist and a Life Coach.
- Supervision/mentor in Occupational Therapy from 1995 both one to one and groups/peers.
- Presentations regarding Occupational Therapy and Supervision/Mentoring.
- Development and implementation of various packages as an Occupational Therapist, for example, dealing with anxiety, developing positive coping mechanisms, stress management, time management, assertiveness etc and also various creativity therapies workshops/groups.
- Member of New Zealand Association of Counsellors – MNZAC
- registered provider with Manaia Public Health Oraganisation
- registered with EAP – Employee Assistance Programme
- registered partnership with Skylight – Grief Counselling
- Australian Center for Eating Disorders – ACFED
- Australian and New Zealand Arts Therapy Association – ANZATA
- Creative Therapies Association Aotearoa – CTAA
Qualifications & Certificates
- Body Trust® Coaching – currently completing certified provider training with Be Nourished.org
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling – Narrative Therapy
- BSc in Occupational Therapy
- ACFED (Australian Center For Eating Disorders) Practitioner – Gold Level
- Certified Results Coaching Systems (now Neuroleadership) Coach
- Certifiied Travellers Program Facilitator
- Interactive Drawing Therapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Creative Therapies
- Certified Advanced ARTbundance™ Coach and Practitioner
- SoulCollage® Facilitator and NZ Regional Co-ordinator
- Certified Master Kaizen Muse Creativity Coach
- KMCC Certified Modern-Day Muse Group Facilitator
- Certified Supervisor – WellTec
- Certified Nourish Facilitator – EDEN
- Attended various workshops including mentoring/supervision, creative therapies, family systems, Te Titiri O Waitangi, Treaty of Waitangi, working in trauma, facilitating groups, wellbeing, mindfulness, etc.